Chocolate coconut cubes recipe to celebrate any Sunday with.
Fancy welcoming New Year with a new sweet treat or do you want something traditional? Love chocolate and coconut? I certainly do. So here’s one of my favourite desserts I can’t imagine my New Year’s Eve without. Chocolate coconut cubes are kind of traditional in some part of Europe. In Australia they are called Lamington and served in the festive season. But I’m quite sure it could be a completely new thing for a lot of cake lovers.
Since I was a little girl my mom had always made these chocolate coconut cubes at least once during our winter holiday. If you are fond of coconut and chocolate, you’ll love mom’s coconut cubes.
For the cake:
- 300 grams (10.5 oz) flour
- 3 spoonfuls of agave syrup or honey
- 3 spoonfuls of water or milk
- 100 grams butter
- 20 grams cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- baking powder
- 250 grams butter
- 2 spoonfuls of agave syrup
- 4 spoonfuls of cocoa powder
- Drops of rum aroma
- 100 ml milk
To the cover:
- 200 grams desiccated coconut
How to make it:
1. Beat eggs butter and syrup until pale. 2. Add alternately the cinnamon, flour, baking powder mixture and the milk. Mix them until smooth.
3. Pour the pastry into the baking tray. Put it in the preheated oven 180 C (350 F) degree for half an hour.
4. Meanwhile make the icing:
Melt butter, cocoa powder, honey, milk and rum aroma in a big saucepan until cocoa powder is completely dissolved.
5. When cake is baked take the tray out of the oven and leave the cake cool down a bit. Then cut it into cube shapes.
6. Use tooth picks to dip the cubes into the chocolate and roll them quickly into the coconut to coat them evenly.
7. Leave them on a cooling tray to dry or put them in the fridge to cool down and dry faster if you can’t wait to try. Surprise your New Year’s Eve guests with these delicious coconut cubes, look how fast they disappear from the plate.
Make sure you have everything you need before heating up the oven!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.