Sugar & Gluten Free Carrot Cake. Healthy Recipe You Can Enjoy Eating Without Guilty Conscious.
This Sugar & Gluten Free Healthy Carrot Cake Recipe should be in everybody’s recipe book as it’s one of the basic cakes we eat since our childhood.
Changing our diet avoiding refined sugar and trying to stay on low carb food pushed some obstacles in front of my baking skills. I completely had to forget about the good old recipes I knew before. Although, by now I started to try new things, taking risk even if I don’t succeed the first or second time I don’t give up and finally when I have the perfect recipe I blog about it.
I can confess this was not my first attempt to bake carrot cake but I waited with posting it until now when I’m happy with the result. So here it comes how to make healthy carrot cake.
- 3 big carrots (grated)
- 3 big eggs separated
- 100 grams millet flour
- 30 grams almonds
- 30 grams flaxseed
- 3 spoonfuls coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 0.1 litres orange juice
- (Sweetener optionally)
1. Measure ingredients and preheat oven (180 Celsius degrees).
2. Peel and grate carrots.
3. Separate eggs and put egg whites into a medium size mixing bowl.
4. Whisk egg whites until hard peaks form.
5. Add yolks one by one whilst keep whisking the whites.
6. Grind almonds and flaxseed.
7. Mix dry ingredients (millet flour, baking powder, cinnamon, grinded flaxseed and almonds together.
8. Add grated carrot to the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
9. Slowly add it to the whisked eggs and fold it in carefully. Add coconut oil with the batter as well.
10. Cover cake mould with baking paper.
11. Pour mixture into the cake mould and put it in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
12. Whilst cake base is baking, prepare cream on top.
13. Put mascarpone and orange juice into a mixing bowl.
14. Beat until incorporates well.
15. When cake base cooled properly, spread cream on top evenly.
16. Decorate with nuts or pieces of fresh fruit. This time I chose sprinkle grinded almond on top.
Never run out of this again!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.