Sugar free sponge cake base is one of the easiest cake you can possibly make as a start of any cake.
Sugar Free Sponge cake recipe’s simple steps to make. As soon as you know the how to, you’ll have uncountable variations for the fillings, icings, frosting. But obviously you can enjoy eating sponge cake without any stuffing or topping.
Any way, you need to remember sponge cake relies on well-beaten eggs as they give them volume. You can also decide to put butter, oil or milk into the mixture. That modifies texture in different ways.
This is the simplest sponge cake recipe with only 4 ingredients (5 if water counts). After learning this simple recipe, you can experience adding other things to it, change water to milk or fruit juice, put butter or oil to the mixture, use sugar, fructose or any other sweetener instead of the honey to create your own recipe.
This one is simple, easy, fast to make and on top of that delicious, fluffy, light, and rolls easily.
So follow the simple steps to start with:
- 5 medium size eggs
- 200 grams plain flour
- 2 spoonfuls honey
- 0.1 litres water
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
How to make sugar free sponge cake:
1. Separate egg whites from yolks and put them into two different medium sized bowls.
2. Pour half of the water in with the whites and the other half with the yolks.
3. Beat yolks with a mixer on high speed. Eventually pour honey in with the beaten yolks.
4. Clean beaters properly before using it to whisk egg whites. Make sure they are spotlessly clean otherwise egg whites won’t form peaks. Beat egg whites on high speed till peaks become stiff and shiny. This will take a couple of minutes.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder with the yolks until they are completely incorporated.
6. Use a spatula to fold the whites into the yolks-flour mixture little by little. Avoid stirring, or you’ll lose the volume of the lighter mixture. Rotate your wrist when combining them.
7. Set oven to 180°C.
8. Get baking tray ready by covering it with baking sheet or spreading butter and sprinkling some flour on top to avoid pastry sticking to the tray.
9. Pour the mixture into the tray. And put it into the pre-heated oven.
10. Bake sponge cake for 20 to 25 minutes. Don’t open the oven’s door during baking time.
11. Get cake out when top is golden brown. (Check if it’s ready by sticking a tooth pick into the pastry. If it comes out clean your cake is baked.)
12. After taking it out of the oven let it cool down before slicing it up.
Now choose from the various possibilities you can decorate, frost, fill, sweeten your cake.
Or you can simply serve it with delicious hot chocolate, tea or coffee and some fruit for tea. Enjoy!
Don’t be sorry! Stock up on honey and baking powder!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.