Healthy gluten free pancake recipe for everybody who wants to enjoy a sugar free, dairy-free treat and start or finish the day with a guilt free pleasure.
One of our friends celebrated her birthday the other weekend. We were asked to go out to have brunch with her and some other friends. So this is where the “problem” started. As our family is on no-sugar, low-carbs diet we have got quite limited choice to choose out of. It is obviously not a problem as long as we’re at home and I can play with the ingredients, change or modify them the way it fits us without losing the best part of it as it’s still tastes delicious whilst it’s a healthy choice.
Anyway, one of our friends chose to eat delicious pancakes with strawberries. It looked fab. The only pitfall was the ingredients… But it gave me the idea of the next treat, I can share here. Not complicated, healthy and equally delicious gluten free, sugar free and dairy-free pancakes.
You see pancakes are one of our favourite breakfasts. Unfortunately, I only have a chance to make them at the weekends. Nevertheless it’s the perfect start for Saturday morning. So let’s see what goes into the gluten free pancake mix:
- 180 grams millet flour
- 30 grams flaxseed
- 2 eggs
- 0.2 litres unsweetened sodawater
- 0.2 litres coconut milk
- 2 spoonfuls coconut oil
How to make:
1. Measure and put millet flour into a medium size mixing bowl.
2. Measure and grind flaxseed until it has flour consistency. (I have a special grinder that I only use for grinding different types of seeds.)
3. Pour grinded flaxseed into the bowl with the millet flour.
4. Break eggs and put them into the bowl too.
5. Measure out sodawater and coconut milk.
6. Pour coconut milk into the mixing bowl whilst stirring the batter.
7. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
8. Heat frying pan on medium heat.
9. Brush frying pan with coconut oil before you scoop the batter into it.
10. When coconut oil starts sizzling, scoop or pour half ladle of batter in it.
11. Fry one side of the pancake then after about 30-40 seconds flip it over and get the other side until light brown.
12. Repeat it until you finish all of the healthy pancake batter.
13. Serve them nice and warm with homemade strawberry jam or grated apples.
Enjoy your delicious morning treat! Have a nice weekend!
Stock up on the basics:
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.