Gluten-free, no sugar, dairy free chocolate almond balls are perfect no bake desserts for any summer day or evening. Prepared as fast as flash in a wink of an eye.
If you are allergic, intolerant or simply chose to have a gluten-free or dairy-free diet and prefer not to put additional sugar into your food, you are still able to enjoy this delicious and easy dessert.
As my summer is about baking classes with kids, I have been posting recipes that everyone can use with the “junior chefs”. Well, we mainly focus on everyday desserts but I thought it could be useful to see some alternatives as well.
What I usually do, I substitute gluten rich ingredients with nuts like walnut, almond, peanuts…etc or seeds such as chia seed, quinoa, millet or flaxseed. How I do it? Simply grind nuts and seeds in a good quality coffee grinder. It is very important to have a good quality grinder as nuts can easily break them. Even if you have a good grinder, be careful not to put too much almonds/nuts/seeds into it if you plan to use it for a long time. I have my special grinder for this use only.
Instead of added sugar, sweeten desserts with fruits like banana, date or fig. I also use agave syrup, honey or maple syrup.
Now you know some secrets let’s see what you will need for this healthy dessert recipe:
• 2 ripe bananas
• 100 g almonds (if you have grinded almonds already, even better)
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• Shredded almonds
• 100 g dark chocolate
How to make:
- Peel bananas, put them into a mixing bowl and mash them.
- Grind almonds.
- Put grinded almonds and cocoa powder into the mixing bowl as well.
- Dough it together.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave oven.
- Break chocolate into a microwave oven safe bowl.
- Set microwave oven for 200 W.
- Put bowl into the microwave oven three times for 1 minute. Stir chocolate after every minute.
- Take melted chocolate out of the microwave.
- Make little balls out of the dough and stick them on a piece of wood stick to hold on when you marinate it into the chocolate.
- Roll balls into the melted chocolate then leave it on a tray.
- Put tray into the fridge for half an hour until chocolate gets hard.
Now it’s ready to be eaten. Enjoy!!!!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.