Learn to make sweet cocoa bread at home.
Let’s make your Sunday special with a new dessert, this delicious cocoa bread, you can enjoy for breakfast, with an afternoon tea, coffee or hot chocolate.
600 grams flour
25 grams yeast
1 spoonful of sugar or fructose
1 cup of milk
120 grams butter
2 spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa powder
200 grams dried fruit
Instructions to make sweet cocoa bread:
1. In a cup, combine warm milk, a spoonful of fructose and the yeast. Never put yeast into hot milk. Stir to blend. Let it stand until the yeast comes alive and starts to foam. It takes a couple of minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, eggs, butter with the yeast and milk mixture very well until the dough gathers into a ball. If the dough is too wet, add some more flour, a little at a time if needed to form a soft dough.
3. Put half of the dough into another bowl and leave it in a warm place to rise.
4. Mix the other half of the dough with the cocoa powder until even.
5. Put the cocoa dough half next to the other half of the dough into the bowl, cover it and leave it in a warm place for another half an hour to rise.
6. Now you have time to get dried fruit ready. If necessary cut them into small pieces.
7. After half an hour turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and make 4 balls out of them. 2 cocoa ones and 2 plain ones. knead until they’re smooth and elastic, leave it somewhere warm for another 20 minutes to raise.
10. Flatten one of the white dough into more or less the same size as the cocoa one and put it on to of the flat, fruited cocoa one to cover.
11. Roll it up into a rope form and put it on the tray.
12. Repeat it with the other two doughs.
13. Preheat oven 200 C degree and bake it for half an hour.
14. Check if it’s baked with a tooth pick. There’s dough stuck on the tooth pick pop the tray back for another 10 minutes or so.
15. When it’s baked leave it to cool down a bit then you can slice it easier.
16. Slice and serve your sweet cocoa bread with some hot drink.
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.