Sugar free chocolate mousse, easy and fast weekday treat for the family.
Sugar free chocolate mousse recipe gives you an option not to spend your time in the kitchen, still serve a delicious dessert at the end of any meal.
We have a couple of really busy weeks behind us. So I could hardly make it to the kitchen. Let alone posting about it. As my family is quite demanding when it comes to desserts, I had to improvise and come up with creative, basically zero time-consuming little treats for them.
Chocolate mousse is one of the winner ones. You only need 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make it.
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons honey (my family love acacia honey but it’s up to your preference whatever honey you use)
- 0.2 litres whipping cream
How to make the sugar free chocolate mousse:
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and place it in a small saucepan over another pan of gently simmering water.
2. Stir until chocolate is melted.
3. Remove it from heat and leave it aside to cool a little bit. In the meantime you can prepare the eggs.
4. Place eggs and honey in a medium-sized bowl and beat with electric beaters until it’s light yellow colour and doubled in volume. It will take you about 5 minutes.
5. Eventually add cocoa powder to the mixture.
6. Fold in cooled chocolate carefully until combined.
7. In a separate bowl, whip cream until thickened about 2-3 minutes.
8. Use a large wooden spoon to fold thick whipped cream into the eggs mixture really carefully. Try not to break whipped cream and keep mixture light and airy.
9. Spoon mixture into 4 serving glasses and put them in the fridge to chill before serving if that’s possible.
My ones didn’t make it to the fridge for some mysterious reason, they disappeared on the way. 😉
10. Anyway, if you are lucky enough and your chocolate mousse survives for an hour in the fridge, decorate them with some extra whipped cream and chocolate topping before serving.
Enjoy chocolate mousse on any day of the week even when you have very little time to spend in the kitchen.
Keep in mind the cocoa powder and honey!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.