Sugar free chocolate crepes cake, still sweet and delicious for breakfast or afternoon dessert.
Sugar free chocolate crepes are our new favourite breakfast. Completely sugar-free and more delicious than any other breakfast we tried so far. OK, it might not be a breakfast for every day but for the weekends, it’s just the best.
I have found a great chocolate crepe recipe and decided to tweak it here and there to fit our needs as the family is on zero sugar.
- 250 grams flour
- 2 spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- Baking powder
- 0.25 litres milk
- 0.2 litres soda water
- 50 grams butter
- 0.25 litres whipped cream
- 2 bananas
- Decoration: accordingly
- Optionally, it can be decorated with strawberries, raspberries or any other small fruit you love.
How to make it:
1. Put flour, cocoa powder, eggs, milk and baking powder together in a bowl.
2. Whisk them and put in the melted butter, as well.
3. Mix them until combines evenly.
4. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. For each pancake, brush some melted butter onto pan and cook for about 2 to 2.5 minutes. Flip, and cook the other side for another minute.
5. Let chocolate pancakes cool before sticking them together.
6. Squash bananas and whisk whipped cream.
7. Spread squashed banana and cream on the first pancake then stick the next one on top. Repeat until the last one.
8. Decorate with cream, strawberry, raspberry, mint leaf or whatever you wish.
8. Put ready chocolate pancake cake into the fridge at least for an hour before serving it.
I usually make chocolate pancake the previous night pop it in the fridge for overnight so we can enjoy eating it in weekend mornings with our tea, milk or coffee.
Don’t start without some cocoa powder!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.