Sugar free apple pie is a must try and love. So simple and fast to make that even after a busy day, I wouldn’t mind if my family asks me to bake them some.
Sugar free apple pie is an excellent choice when you are craving something sweet even if you happen to be on a non-sugar diet. Apples give a sweet taste to your food naturally. As a bonus point this apple pie is very simple to make. With a maximum of 20 minutes preparation time you can put a delicious dessert on the dinner table. Do you want to try? Here’s how.
- 300 grams flour
- Baking powder
- 150 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup or honey
- Drops of vanilla aroma
- (Some milk or water if needed)
- 4 apples
- Lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon
How to make the sugar free apple pie:
1. Put flour, baking powder, butter, egg, vanilla and agave syrup or honey into a medium size bowl. Use your fingers to work the butter and egg into the flour until resembles. If the dough is too dry, pour a little bit of milk or water over the mixture. Bring the dough together by hand.
2. Form the dough into a disk and refrigerate until chilled.
3. Peel, core and slice the apples.
4. Sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice so they won’t go brown.
5. Get the dough out of the fridge and divide it into two pieces. A bigger and a smaller piece: 1/3 and 2/3.
- 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll the bigger piece of dough into the form and size of your baking tray.
7. Place disk onto the tray, fit or tweak it if needed.
8. Put sliced apple filling on top of the dough then sprinkle with the cinnamon.
9. Roll out the smaller part of dough on floured surface. Cut and roll them into strips. Lay out 4 to 6 parallel strips across pie. Form lattice by arranging another 4 to 6 strips diagonally across first strips.
Here it is the crunchy apple pie waiting for you to eat it:
Don’t you need some agave, honey or vanilla?
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.