Homemade healthy donouts, easy, hassle free and delicious. What else do you wish for?
Homemade healthy donouts are the perfect carnival season snack. Who could say no to them? Actually they were so popular, I had to make them twice this week. But as it’s practically still carnival time so let it be.
- 500 grams flour
- 3 eggs
- 50 grams butter
- 0.2 litres milk
- 3 grams yeast
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
How to make healthy donouts:
1. Warm milk up in a medium cup.
2. Add the agave syrup or honey and the yeast to the warm milk.
3. Allow it to sit until the yeast starts to bubble in about 5 minutes.
4. Put flour, eggs, butter and the rest of the milk into a big bowl. Pour in the bubbled milk, yeast mixture too.
5. Knead until the dough is completely smoothed.
6. Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl, cover and leave it in a warm place for half an hour to rise.
7. Turn out the dough on to a floured surface and roll it out to about 1 finger thick.
8. Use a donouts cutter to cut out your special homemade doughnuts.
9. Transfer them to a lightly-floured, flat surface that is in a draft-free, warm spot.
10. Cover the donouts lightly with tea towels and leave them rise for another half an hour.
11. Fill frying pan with oil and heat until sizzles. Be patient and don’t try to put doughnut into oil before it’s not hot enough. You can try it by dropping a little leftover dough in the oil and if it rises immediately to the surface, the oil is ready.
12. Carefully place donouts into the frying pan and put the lid on top. They should float to the top and puff up.
Serve your light, fluffy, homemade donouts with jam or chocolate spread.
Would you prefer Agave or Honey?
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.