Healthy oatmeal cookies are the best snack choice. They are easy to make, give you energy and the perfect little treats even if you are on a sugar free diet.
Healthy oatmeal cookies fit in our no sugar, reduced wheat diet. It takes practically 10 minutes to make them and probably the same time to eat them. Well, of course it depends on the quantity you’re baking. You can also stash and hide the cookies to some places that only you know. 😉
- 200 grams oat (traditional or pre-cooked)
- 50 grams butter
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 spoonful of honey
- A teaspoon baking powder
How to make oatmeal cookies:
1. Get the oat ready by making oat flour. You might wonder how. Easiest thing, measure and put oat into a blender or food processor. Grind it into oat flour. It’ll literally take seconds to make.
2. Pour oat flour into a bowl. Place bananas and the butter in too.
3. Squash bananas and butter with your hands. Work them well into the oat flour. (If you have kids, get them involved, they will love it.)
4. Put egg, honey and baking powder into the bowl, too. Work the dough together until you get an even mixture. Something like this:
5. Use a spoon to place little lumps on the tray.
6. Flatten lumps into cookie form with the back of the spoon, you used previously.
7. Wash and dry strawberries. Slice them circle shape.
8. Place strawberries on top of each cookie as decoration.
8. Put tray into the pre-heated (180 C degree) oven for 15 minutes to bake.
9. Take oatmeal cookies out when they are golden brown.
10. Let them cool a bit before eating.
You can have delicious oatmeal cookies fresh or put them in a cookie jar for whenever feel like enjoying a little treat.
You may need some honey!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.