Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies Without Sugar or white flour, still sweet treat for the family.
The fun bit is that these healthy banana oatmeal cookies are so easy to prepare, I did it with my toddler and we both enjoyed our Sunday morning.
Our cookie box was filled with these delicious, healthy chocolate cookies for about 5 minutes. Then somehow by the end of the day only crumbs were lying there quietly reminding us of the Sunday cookies. (Next time, I’m sure, we will double the amount.)
500g (1 box) of oat
250g (1 box) butter
2 medium or big bananas
2 big sweet apples
4 spoons of cocoa powder
A teaspoon of baking powder
dried fruit (raisins, apricot, blueberries)
How to make it:
- Take the butter out of the fridge and leave it in a warm place for a bit. It will be easier to work with not so hard butter later.
- Grind the oat and pour it into a big bowl.
- Peel and squash the bananas, peel and grate the apples, cut up whichever dried fruit you chose to use and put them into the bowl with the eggs, baking powder and the cocoa powder.
- Cut the butter into slices mix and dough the whole paste until even and smooth.
- Turn on the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees F (180 C) so whilst you are placing the cookies into the pan, it starts warming up.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the baking tray. Flatten them slightly.
- As a decoration stick a blueberry in the middle of each one if you like then pretty.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes.
- Take the chocolate cookies out and let them cool off before serving it. (This would be the trickiest part as everybody smells something delicious and keeps checking in the kitchen.)
Have a great Sunday. Enjoy!
Make sure you have cocoa powder at home!
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.