Enjoy this sugar free rice pudding recipe for weekdays or weekends whenever you feel like having a treat.
Have you ever fancied a little treat but didn’t feel like spending time in the kitchen preparing it for a long time? Have your kids nagged you to get some delicious dessert and you didn’t want to give them chocolate?
This fruity rice pudding recipe is a nice alternative if you want to have something healthy, sweet, delicious, easy to prepare and ready in a bit more than 20 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of rice (I use brown rice)
- 2 cups of water
- 3 cups of milk
- A spoonful of honey to sweeten it (you can use more honey if you have a sweet tooth)
- 200 grams of various fruits of your choice
- Optional: 1/2 cup of whipping cream for decoration
How to make it:
1. Pour rice, boiling water, milk and drops of honey into a medium size saucepan.
2. Cook it in medium to low heat, stir time to time. Do not let the rice to stick at the bottom of the saucepan as after that it can burn fast and believe me, burnt rice hasn’t got pleasant taste.
3. Keep cooking it until you see only a little bit of liquid on the top. Then turn the heat off and put the lid on top of the saucepan. Leave it until the rice soaked in all the liquid.
4. In the meantime wash and dry fruits you want to use then chop them as small as you wish. This time I used strawberries.
5. Check rice if it’s cooked properly. It should be soggy and soft. (If it’s too hard you might want to pour a bit more milk into the saucepan and leave it longer.)
(In the meantime whip cream if you use any.)
6. When rice is cooked, start putting them into bowls. I usually make layers: rice, fruit, rice, fruit, whipped cream, fruit.
7. When you finished pop them in the fridge to cool or serve them straight. It’s up to your preferences.
Hot summer days we like it cold from the fridge.
In winter I serve it without whipped cream straight after it is ready.
In either way, fruit rice is a delicious dessert for any day of the week.
Which is your favourite? Honey or Agave?
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.