Homemade strawberry lemonade is a refreshing, delicious drink for any member of the family.
Easy homemade berry lemonade is one of the advantages of this season. Personally, I love picking berries and cherries. I’ve always loved eating them fresh from the trees or bushes since I was a kid. Now, as I grew up, I have the chance to experiment and make up different recipes that consist berries.
This delicious summer drink is one of the easiest one to make, and the fastest one that disappears from your jug.
Kids love it, as well as grown-ups. And one of the best part of it, fishing out the fruit that you get.
Berries have a lot of health benefits too. Raspberries are not only known as a tasty pleasure but they help prevent cancer, they are diet friendly and have generous amount of fiber. Blackberries are also excellent source of fiber and they help fight with cardiovascular disease. They contain vitamin A which helps with digestion. Red currant also has similar benefits, contains fiber, helps with digestion and has no calories. So basically you can’t go wrong with the combination when you make summer drink with berries.
- Two handfuls of berries of your preference (raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, red currant, cherry)
- A slice of lemon
- 2 mint leaves
- Ice cubes
How to make refreshing berry drink:
- Use fresh or frozen mixture of berries of your choice. If you use fresh fruit make sure they are clean.
- Put two handfuls of berries and the lemon into a big jug.
- Use two leaves of mint. Mint is an essential ingredient of any summer drink. It makes a twist and surely plays with your taste buds. Crush the leaves before you put them into the jug.
- Pour water into the jug and leave it for about 20 minutes or half an hour in the fridge. Let all the berries and mint leaves soak well.
- Serve delicious berry drink with some icecubes to refresh yourself and the family on a hot summer day.
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.