Sugar free lemonade is one of the best summer drinks you can make at home.
Sugar free lemonade is the best that you can possibly imagine for this season. Summer with its long, hot days is inevitably here. So we need to make sure not to be dehydrated. Which means drink, drink and drink a lot. This zesty lemonade one of our summer favourites with its tanginess that makes your taste buds sing.
Sugar free lemonade contains lemon and orange, both are great supply for vitamin C and antioxidants.
I use honey instead of sugar for two reasons. The first one is obvious we are on reduced sugar diet. Second of all taking a spoonful of honey daily has countless benefits. To start with it reduces the symptoms of hay fever which I believe a lot of us struggle this time of the year. But it’s also good source of energy and helps your skin and hair stay healthy.
Mint is the third crucial ingredient. And I don’t even know where to start its health benefits not to mention its aroma. 😊
What you’ll need:
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 spoonful honey
- Mint leaves
- 10 ice cubes
- A big jug
- It will take about 2 minutes to make zesty lemonade and it serves 4 or 5 (depends on your glass size and your thirst.)
How to make it:
1. Wash and dry lemon.
2. Slice lemon and put wedges into the jug.
3. Wash mint leaves, hold them in your hands and start clapping or running your palms together. With these movements you basically crush the leaves and it helps release their aroma.
4. Place mint leaves on top of the lemon wedges and gently push them with a wooden spoon.
5. Crush ice cubes whilst they are still in the plastic bag. I usually use a rolling pin to crush them.
6. Fill jug with the crushed ice and pour honey on top. Mix.
7. Pour water and orange juice into the jug too.
8. Stir well and voila zesty lemonade is ready to be served.
9. In case there is some left over, pop the jug in the fridge. Only take it out before drinking it.
Do you have enough honey at home?
Kneading out the every day life nuisances under the low humming noise of the airflow oven.